Friday, April 11, 2014

J is for Johnson City, Texas


We discovered Johnson City on our long drive from Las Cruces to Austin back in 2007. A very nice lady there bought a whole passel of my books to sell in her gift store. She sold them all and asked me for more, and then did it again. (And then, alas, the recession hit.) Can you understand why I am partial to this pretty town? The photo shows a Halloween hay bale just outside of town.

Incidentally, it was the boyhood home of President Lyndon Johnson.

7 comments:

Elle Carter Neal said...

I'm a hay bale spotter when we go on driving trips. Love seeing fields of them. That is a cute one!

Elle

Jemima Pett said...

Oh, I shall be so tempted in the summer - do I need a paint gun, do you think?
Sorry about the book store...

Jemima
#TeamDamyanti
Blogging from Alpha to Zulu in April

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Bob, I would love that town for the bookseller. Hope you get back there again!

Mary Montague Sikes

debi o'neille said...

Glad that bookstore saw what a talented writer you are, and damn that old recession. Pumpkin bale is awesome!
Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

Michelle Stanley said...

The pumpkin bales are cute. Sorry to hear that the recession mar the bookstore sales. Hope that will change one day. Michelle @ http://www.writer-way.blogspot.com

Patricia Stoltey said...

I'd love that town, Bob.

Beth Camp said...

Bob, my sister lives in Tucson, and so we've spent some lovely time in the Southwest. Your blog does justice to the scope and beauty throughout that region, but I must confess driving pretty fast through parts of Texas, where you can nearly taste the oil in the air.