Monday, April 01, 2013

A is for Arizona


We just returned home from a four-day RV trip to Tucson, Arizona. It's one of our favorite destinations, as it's only a six-hour drive from Las Cruces, New Mexico. Temps were in the low to mid-80s with plenty of sun; how much better can it get? We visited the western section of Saguaro National Park, which brackets the city, and we drove up Mt. Lemmon, with its five different climates. Of course we brought our two cats along. Gracie is an experienced traveler, while new family member Tina was a little skittish about the trip.

I never go on an RV trip without my cameras: my trusty Minolta and my iPhone 4. The iPad (version 1, no camera) and at least one book are also essentials.

My wife and I especially enjoyed meeting my online friend Pat Bean for the first time, as we chatted over coffee at a Starbucks.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Arizona was always on my wishlist. Happy that you had a great time, fellow traveller. :).

Tami Von Zalez said...

Arizona - great place to visit, glad I don't live there anymore ...

Popped in from the AtoZ Challenge.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Fairview said...

Great photo!

Jen HaHA said...

Thanks for visiting my blog on the A-to-Z challenge blog hop!

I haven't been to Arizona but your picture is how I envision it. Someday we will have to visit the Grand Canyon which is a required road trip, right?

Kathryn Thornton said...

Bob,

I'm a follow A-Zer as well. My kids and I just spent 3 nights in an RV in the Grand Canyon in February. It was great. There was no one there and with a good jacket and gloves we were fine. Had a great snowball fight that they are still talking about.

Kate
http://katloveswriting.blogspot.com

Bob Sanchez said...

Good to hear from everyone. Arizona is a gorgeous state, and the Grand Canyon is a must-see if you can possibly do it.

Unknown said...

Quite an apropos meeting place for a friend with the name Bean.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I found out about the challenge around 430 yesterday morning and decided to join in.

Enjoy!

Sonia Rao said...

Wow, that's a lovely pic. The shorter cactus almost looks like a hand pointing up towards the sky (What does it want to reveal?)

Arizona looks like an amazing place. And though I'm not sure I'll ever visit here, I did visit a Starbucks that just opened in my city (at Mumbai airport) and the experience there deserves its own blogpost :D

Looking forward to your future posts.

Bob Sanchez said...

...And I'd surely love to visit Mumbai some day, though it's also unlikely.