Sunday, November 06, 2011

A NaNo Lite update

This is a practice I should have started a long time ago, setting aside a specific time to write. Now I roll out of bed, watch Morning Joe over two cups of joe, eat breakfast, shower and change, and then sit down to write a thousand words--that's all, just one thousand. So far, so good from last Tuesday through today. My little log records a modest 6,426 words, steady as she goes. And it's not that hard. The words flow without agony, because my Inner Editor has taken the month of November off. My writing time lasts approximately from 10 a.m. until noon, when it's on to other things. This NaNo Lite is at my own pace, but perhaps it's one that can extend beyond November. Too much to hope for? I hope not. We'll see.

One of those other things yesterday was writing a guest post for Make Mine Mystery, a fine blog run by Morgan Mandel.

2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Bob, You're one of the bloggers at Make Mine Mystery, who make our blog so great!

About that only 1000 words a day you mention - To me 1000 words is a lot! Good going!

Morgan Mandel
http://acmeauthorslink.blogspot.com
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Carol Kilgore said...

Enjoy your morning word time. How did you bribe your inner editor to take vacation?

Thanks for commenting today on Under the Tiki Hut.