Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Q fills the gap

Last night I awoke thinking to make my Q about Quitting and how that's a Bad Thing. My inspiration came from a woman who had committed to a local group to run a major project, then got her knickers in a twist over an unrelated issue and promptly quit, leaving many people in the lurch. I was going to mention my first job, where my boss admonished me that "Winners never quit, and quitters never win." Life is never as simple as a slogan, though, and I've quit more than you want to know.

Then there is the topic of Query letters, briefly considered and quickly discarded. I don't do them well and don't need them for my self-published novels.

No doubt there are plenty of good Q topics, but none I feel competent to write about, except that Q fills the gap between P and R.

7 comments:

alberta ross said...

glad I don't have to write queries they seem more difficult than writing the book.

Hi am wandering around the a-z such a long list!!

Bob Sanchez said...

Glad you wandered here, Alberta. Thanks. This A-Z list is so long I will still be dipping into the list through the summer.

Anonymous said...

Ha, good post - made me chuckle! I'm trying to figure out what to post for Q at the moment...
Love reading that you are self published, I am wanting to go this direction when I'm ready with my work. I will be snooping all over your blog for advice on the process - glad to have found you!

Laura Eno said...

I'm also self-published. No queries for me!
Nice to meet you!

anthony stemke said...

I enjoyed your post. Maybe Quest might be good. Can serve as inspiration maybe. Thank You.

Katie O'Sullivan said...

thanks for the smile ;-)

J.L. Campbell said...

You still managed to tell a little something even though you thought you had nothing much to say. :)