Friday, January 16, 2009

RV trip day 12—Joshua Tree National Park

Joshua trees

We took fewer photos today as we drove through Joshua Tree National Park. It's both scenic and bleak, encompassing parts of the Mojave and Colorado Deserts (the Mojave is at a higher elevation and contains the joshua trees).

I heard from iUniverse today. They said that yes, they do still have the unit information I requested, and that a program triggers a notice to them when an author's sales approach the 500 mark. This is all part of their recognition program leading up to a "Star" designation for a book. However, the program only notifies them if the book has already earned their Editor's Choice designation, and they told me that my book hasn't qualified. Balderdash, I say. When Pigs Fly has not only received Editor's Choice but Reader's Choice, and I have both from iUniverse in writing.

I haven't made the rounds on other peoples' blogs today, because I have been up to my knuckles (after the national park drive) in edits for the January issue of The Internet Review of Books. If you aren't familiar with it, check it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - another GREAT photo.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your adventures! It always looks like you're having fun.

Ruth L.~ said...

Only up to your knuckles? And I was worried about you?

:>)

Bob Sanchez said...

And since my knuckles drag on the ground, Ruth, I guess it really isn't that deep.